The School of Visual Arts at World University of Design announces its 2nd artist in residency program - The residency will take place in the period of September- October 2019. We are looking for artists who have an interest in education along with workshop-based techniques. Though we have no restrictions as to the nature of the practice, preference will be given to artists working with material or conceptual research.
ARTIST in RESIDENCE @ SVA is a programme designed to support emerging artists who are interested in pedagogy and willing to push their boundaries of conceptual and mediatic practices.
We are proud to announce Art & Deal Magazine as our Media Partners, and this residency offers both curatorial and writing, documentation, publication support.
Applications open till 10th July 2019
1) Studio Space and access to Material lab and workshops.
2) Technical support.
3) Curatorial Support.
4) Review of Residency and Open studio Day to be Published in Art & Deal Magazine.
5) Materials and Honorarium Budget INR 30000 (All inclusive)
6) Living Space inside the WUD campus with Internet accessibility.
7) Food and Refreshment according to WUD Mess.
8) One-time travel fare to and from WUD.
9) Open Studio and Public Interaction.
10) Certificate of Completion.
The expectation from the Artist:
1) Full time engagement during the residency period.
2) Presentation and interaction.
3) Minimum 8 to 10 hours per week Academic engagement with Students.
4) Artist are expected to produce work with multimediatic, Conceptual approach.
5) Artist are expected to submit an experiential review or Article of your engagement with students and your residence program at School of Visual Arts after finished the residency within 15 days.
How to Apply:
1) Open only to Residence of India.
2) Artist Biography (Max 200 words)
3) CV (two pages including your contact number, email, video link/website)
4) Artist statement and portfolio
5) A motivation letter or a proposal (Max 300 words)
6) Make one single PDF with “your name_AIR@SVA_2019”
7) Send your pdf to AIR@wud.ac.in